Dr hab. Grzegorz Paśnik
Principal Research Interests
Taxonomy, phylogeny and biogeography of Collembola.
Soil ecology: diversity and interactions of soil organisms (mainly Collembola) with their environment; impact of human activity and climate changes on soil fauna diversity.
Current Research Projects
- Phylogenetic position of the genus Dimorphaphorura Bagnall, 1949 (Collembola, Poduromorpha) within the subfamily Oligaphorurinae (in collaboration with W.M. Weiner).
- Taxonomic and molecular diversity of Collembola in Svalbard (in collaboration with C. D'Haese).
- Taxonomy and biogeography of the Palaearctic species of the tribus Hymenaphorurini Pomorski, 1996 (Collembola, Onychiuridae) (in collaboration with W.M. Weiner and I.J. Kaprus').
- Springtails (Collembola) of peat-bogs: biological and genetic diversity under the influence of environmental factors (in collaboration with W.M. Weiner).
- Effect of urbanization on Collembola abundance and assemblage structure (in collaboration with W.M. Weiner, Ł. Przybyłowicz).
- The influence of landscape diversity and heterogeneity on changes in Collembola richness and diversity.
View/Download publication list (PDF)See publication list