Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia
Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia is an international journal that includes papers of general interest on the systematics, phylogeny, biogeography, ecology and paleontology of terrestrial and fresh-water animals worldwide. All papers are subject to peer reviews.
Open Access. This is an Open Access journal distributed under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY) which permits any use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and the source are properly cited.
Changes introduced to AZC in 2013
- The journal is continued under the title: Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia (with no separate series).
- To accelerate the rate of publication of new taxa, from 2013 on the papers are published in PDF online as soon as they are processed. Estimated time of this stage is 1 month after final acceptance of the corrected proof.
- According to the recommendations of ICZN and leading journals, as Zootaxa, the original descriptions of taxa should be cited in full in the References.
We hope these changes will make the publication in our journal more effective and friendly.
Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education ranking (2015): 13 points.
Index Copernicus (ICV 2014): 86.25 points.
Indexed in: BIOSIS Previews, Zoological Record, AGRO, Index Copernicus, Polish Scientific Journal Contents.
Digitalization of archival volumes was financially supported by Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education under the "Index Plus" programme.
- Editorial Staff and Editorial Board
- Editor-in-ChiefEwa Krzemińska
- Assistant EditorKatarzyna Kozakiewicz
- Technical EditorEwa Żychowska
- Language EditorJames Lamsdell, Kansas, USA
- Statistical EditorAndrzej Sokołowski, Kraków, Poland
- Adam Nadachowski (Palaeology, Mammalia)
- Antonio Arillo (Palaeoentomology)
- Carolin Haug (Palaeontology, Crustacea)
- Wiesław Krzemiński (Entomology)
- Grzegorz Paśnik (Entomology)
- Waldemar Celary, Kielce, Poland
- Ugo Dall’Asta, Tervuren, Belgium
- Louis Deharveng, Paris, France
- Boris Kryštufek, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Barbara Rzebik-Kowalska, Kraków, Poland
- Wolfgang Schawaller, Stuttgart, Germany
- Dale Serjeantson, Southampton, UK
- Krzysztof Solarz, Katowice, Kraków
- Alexey S. Tesakov, Moscow, Russia
- Tommy Tyrberg, Kimstad, Sweden
- John R. Stewart, Bournemouth, UK
- Jan van der Made, Madrid, Spain
- Wanda Weiner, Kraków, Poland
- Priority of the electronic version
To accelerate the rate of publication, from 2013 on the papers will be published on line within 1 month after final acceptance of the corrected proof. According to the current Amendment of Articles 8, 9, 10, 21 and 78 of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature to expand and refine methods of publication, the electronic descriptions of new taxa and nomenclatural acts are valid under certain conditions:
- Registration of the publication in ZooBank;
- Archiving of the orginal publication in an archive other than publisher's website
- The publishing outlet to bear an ISSN or ISBN number (full text: Zookeys (2012) 219: 1-10; doi. 10.3897/zookeys.219.3944).
To fulfill these requirements, the editor of the AZC will take care to register the electronic works and include the registration numbers in the papers. Two printed volumes will continue to appear annually and will accumulate the papers published previously on line.
- Instructions for authors
Instructions for authors can be found here.
- Peer review
The first evaluation of the manuscript is made by the Editor or Subject Editor and his/her is the decision on sending to two referees for evaluation on the originality of data and interpretations. From 2013 on a “double blind" procedure is ascertained as much as possible. This means that neither the identity of the reviewer(s) is known to the author(s) nor the vice versa. A cumulative list of reviewers will be published each year in last (second) volume.
Efforts are taken to keep the evaluation process completed in one month.A questionnaire for a review.
Authors may suggest potential reviewers, who are not in the conflict of interests with the authors. Any reviewers the authors wish to exclude may be named, along with the reason for exclusion. In case of contradictory opinions additional reviewers are chosen. While all suggestions will be considered, the final choice of reviewers as well as final decision on publication of the manuscript rests with the Editors.
- Our Referees
List of our Referees can be found here.
Subscription orders for print edition should be sent to the Library:
Institute of Systematics and Evolution of Animals, Polish Academy of Sciences,
31-016 Kraków, Poland
Information on subscription terms is available athere.