Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia
Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia is an international journal that includes papers of general interest on the systematics, phylogeny, biogeography, ecology and paleontology of terrestrial and fresh-water animals worldwide. All papers are subject to peer reviews. There are no publication charges for authors.
Since 2018 Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia is an electronic-only Open Access journal distributed under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY) which permits any use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and the source are properly cited. ISSN of the printed version (2299-6060) is valid for back volumes only.
Indexed in: BIOSIS Previews, Zoological Record, AGRO, Index Copernicus International, PBN - Polska Bibliografia Naukowa.
Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education ranking (2019): 20 points. Index Copernicus (2017): 90.26 points.
Acta Zoologica Cracoviensia has been awarded funding in the competition "Support for scientific journals 2019-2020" organized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland.
- Editorial Staff and Editorial Board
- Editor-in-ChiefEwa Krzemińska
- Assistant EditorKatarzyna Kozakiewicz
- Technical EditorEwa Żychowska
- Language EditorKathryn Allberry, Edinburgh, UK
- Statistical EditorSabina Denkowska, Kraków, Poland,
Kamil Fijorek, Kraków, Poland
- Adam Nadachowski (Palaeology, Mammalia)
- Antonio Arillo (Palaeoentomology)
- Carolin Haug (Palaeontology, Crustacea)
- Wiesław Krzemiński (Entomology)
- Grzegorz Paśnik (Entomology)
- Waldemar Celary, Kielce, Poland
- Ugo Dall’Asta, Tervuren, Belgium
- Louis Deharveng, Paris, France
- Boris Kryštufek, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Barbara Rzebik-Kowalska, Kraków, Poland
- Wolfgang Schawaller, Stuttgart, Germany
- Dale Serjeantson, Southampton, UK
- Krzysztof Solarz, Katowice, Kraków
- Alexey S. Tesakov, Moscow, Russia
- Tommy Tyrberg, Kimstad, Sweden
- John R. Stewart, Bournemouth, UK
- Jan van der Made, Madrid, Spain
- Wanda Weiner, Kraków, Poland
- ZooBank registration
According to the current Amendment of Articles 8, 9, 10, 21 and 78 of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature to expand and refine methods of publication, the electronic descriptions of new taxa and nomenclatural acts are valid under certain conditions:
- Registration of the publication in ZooBank;
- Archiving of the orginal publication in an archive other than publisher's website
- The publishing outlet to bear an ISSN or ISBN number (full text: Zookeys (2012) 219: 1-10; doi. 10.3897/zookeys.219.3944).
To fulfill these requirements, the editor of the AZC will take care to register the electronic works and include the registration numbers in the papers. Contents of the journal is deposited in 15 Polish scientific libraries (incl. National Library of Poland) and freely available at Ingenta Connect Platform.
- Instructions for authors
Instructions for authors can be found here.
- Peer review
The first evaluation of the manuscript is made by the Editor or Subject Editor and his/her is the decision on sending to two referees for evaluation on the originality of data and interpretations. From 2013 on a “double blind" procedure is ascertained as much as possible. This means that neither the identity of the reviewer(s) is known to the author(s) nor the vice versa. A cumulative list of reviewers will be published each year in last (second) volume.
Efforts are taken to keep the evaluation process completed in one month.A questionnaire for a review.
Authors may suggest potential reviewers, who are not in the conflict of interests with the authors. Any reviewers the authors wish to exclude may be named, along with the reason for exclusion. In case of contradictory opinions additional reviewers are chosen. While all suggestions will be considered, the final choice of reviewers as well as final decision on publication of the manuscript rests with the Editors.
- Publication Ethics
Publication Ethics can be found here.
- Our Referees
List of our Referees can be found here.